Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bluetooth

My cousin told me about bluetooth a couple of years ago and he was so excited about it telling me how the 'new' mobiles can do all sorts of interesting things with it. A popular example of bluetooth use was pinning a bluetooth enabled pin on your shirt upon entering an exhibition and as you pass by every booth, those in the booth can automatically read information stored in this pin on your shirt using their bluetooth enabled equipment. Looked and sounded exciting at that time.

Although I've not seen myself this example in practice, the bluetooth pin used at an exhibition, yet I found bluetooth to be a very interesting technology when used on mobile phones. After taking several photos with my Nokia 6630 I then went near my computer and transferred all photos and videos from the phone to my computer without connecting any wires. It's cool.

1 comment:

  1. I love this technology too much.

    One of the most interesting things that could be done using bluetooth is to build a network between bluetooth enabled devices and so extend the 10 meters of bluetooth. Does that have a real need? Sure!

    you could send your friend a message, play games or make file sharing on vertualy unlimited distance "more than 10 meters". This is done by a simple mechanism, the device who wants to send something search for his destination. If found, ok. If not? he will search for a "hop" that could make him reach his destination..then he will send the hop and it will complete sendig to the destination:).

    Isn't it really interesting!

    ReplyDelete