Wednesday, November 09, 2005

DSL Nightmares

Ok, yesterday it took ages to download windows and office patches. Actually, I came this morning to find the patches still downloading! And guess what, we have a 1.5 Mbps ADSL line (feeding 9 or less workstations).

Today after setting up my Outlook and connecting to Exchange Server to download my emails from there, it took ages to download them (they are still downloading till this very moment I am writing in).

I called our ISP trying to figure out what the cause was and to vent some of my anger out, but guess what, the phone kept ringing ringing and ringing and no one answered! I decided to pay a visit to their office. That I did and did it with force. I met the person responsible for sales there, she was good and explained the issue honestly so I asked her for a refund and she did not mind. At least she was honest enough to tell me that the problem will not be solved any time soon and that it will not be before one complete month from now that the upgrade they have issued will take effect and be implemented. She also did not hesitate to agree on a refund upon my asking and just requested some more details from me.

I'll try to check with another ISP to see of a switch in ADSL providers will cause us to be cut off from the net for a while or not.

Update: I have contacted the other ISP and they told me it will take from 3 to 4 days to install their service after I provide them with what she called "cancellation number" which she said I get from our current ISP to indicate their service with us has been cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment