Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Windows SharePoint Services

I've often heard about Microsoft's SharePoint but did not really think high of it. I just recognized it as an over-hyped new thing by Microsoft but not really something useful. Yesterday, this view of mine changed.

I remember once working at a huge place where communication was extremely bad. We had and internal phone system, internal email, actual physical mail boxes as well as office boys that can pass paper messages around. All those different media of communication we had in our hands but they were used in very inefficient way. I really hoped for an intranet with a web portal that could make communication between the large number of employees easier and streamlined. Yesterday, I discovered that SharePoint can be the answer for my long sought dream.

We have not yet fully used SharePoint or even made use of some of its features, but I've started to realize its potential. After playing around with SharePoint trying to figure out and use its features, I realized I need to learn more about it to be able to discover its features and potential. I started reading in a book about SharePoint and the first few lessons were interesting and of benefit. I'm more aware now of what SharePoint is capable of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment