Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Time Wasters

A Pain in the Neck
No. Today a lot of time was wasted. The majority of time wasted was in configuring my email account to work from the Outlook client on the Exchange server. Finally it did work, but after eating up a lot of time and good will. Perhaps automating such tasks and creating a policy and procedure for them would be best. It would save a lot of company time not to mention the headache.

Exchange Server
I admit though that after everything was setup and working it was a breeze. So happy now to have everything working now on the Exchange server like magic. Kudoz for team members who have helped me and done the troublesome configuration process for me.

Mini-Seminars
Today we've done something nice. We've agreed at last to start testing the grounds on letting team members conduct mini-seminars on technical topics. I like to think of it as what Google have and call TechTalk. I got the inspiration for it from them anyway.

English Test
I've also started working on creating the English test for use during screening of candidate developers. It'll be short passages taken from technical books with multiple choice questions on them to determine comprehension abilities of applicants.

No comments:

Post a Comment