Sunday, June 13, 2004

Organization Chart

Using the Diagram tool in PowerPoint or Word to make an organization chart seemed a good idea. But after playing with it for a while I discovered that it is so limited. It really annoyed me. It was tricky and I was unable to draw things with it as I wanted. At the end I gave it all up and tried to search for other organization chart creation tools on the net. I found a couple, and tried their trial versions but still was not so comfortable.

I knew that Visio was one software good for the task. But unfortunately I did not have it installed. Perhaps I can try it and see how well it will work. It's important too that the tool be easy to use and not just have too many features.

Connecting Visio to a database from which to read positions of employees and automatically and dynamically create organization charts seems like a breeze. I hope one day I'll be doing that. It will make things much better.

For now, maybe I'll just have to settle for the diagram tool in PowerPoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment